Many experts agree that one of the main causes of lower back pain can be traced back to prolonged sitting. It’s no secret that the majority of the world spends a lot of time sitting. We sit at work, we sit at home, we sit while driving, and we sit to relax.
It can feel like that the only time we are not sitting is when we are moving to the next place to do more sitting. But because of this, back pain has become a common problem among adults and even in some cases, young children.
While we know that it is likely impossible to avoid sitting, there are few ways for you to help with the problem and start creating a more back friendly environment.
Few are a few suggestions to get started.
- Take Breaks Through the Day (Get Up and Stretch Your Legs)
- Change Your Sitting Positions Throughout the Day
- Take Walk During Work Hours (even if it’s just 15 minutes)
- Do Stretches During the Day
- Considering Investing In a Stand Up Desk (if your job permits)
If you are suffering from intense lower back pain, considering scheduling an appointment with a chiropractor. Treatment and tips can be offered from coming to see a professional.
The goal is to make sure that your spine is kept healthy, strong, and in place throughout the work week and weekend.